GovernmentLivingClick to HomeVisitorBusiness
HomePrint PageEmail PageTwitterFacebookRSS
Go To Search
Special Events
Special Event Liquor Licenses

The Avondale City Code Chapter 13, Article IV, Section 13-95 requires non-profit organizations who wish to obtain a special event liquor license, to submit an application to the City.

City Council approval is required for all special event liquor license applications. Applications must be submitted to the City Clerk at least 60 days prior to the event to allow ample time for staff to review and to schedule for consideration by the City Council.

Special Event Permits

Organizations or individuals planning to hold a large event that will require additional city services must submit an application.
Once received, the application gets routed to representatives from several city departments who will determine the impact that the proposed event may have on city services. They will inform the applicant of any additional requirements the applicant would need to comply with before the event is approved. The application should include a traffic control plan as well as a list of vendors that will be at the event.

Street Closures

Organizations or community members organizing a neighborhood event such as block parties will need to submit a Street Closure Request form IN ADDITION to the special event permit application.  The application should include a map of the area indicating all the residences to be affected by the street closure as well as where the street is expected to be closed.

Questions should be directed to:

City Clerk

11465 West Civic Center Drive, Suite 200
Avondale, AZ 85323-6806